Monday, June 13, 2011

LAUREN SPIERER'S MOM TO KIDNAPPER: 'SHAME ON YOU'

PHOTO: Lauren Spierer: Mother's Plea
THE MOM of missing Indiana university co-ed Lauren Spierer made a tearful plea for her safe return: "I want to say to the person who has Lauren or has harmed Lauren: Shame on you! In relationship to that, the person who knows this person who's not coming forward with the information, I beg you to come forward."
Spierer, 20, a bubbly blonde from Westchester, New York disappeared June 3 after a night of partying in Bloomington and has not been seen since. Despite a massive manhunt and some tantalizing clues,
detectives have not cracked the case--although they say there are at least 10 persons of interest. America's Most Wanted aired a segment Saturday devoted to Lauren. The show received between 30 and 40 tips.
But it was an American mother's message that struck most deeply during the dark weekend. Charlotte Spierer added: "I am here for you 100 percent. I will never leave you. I love you with all my heart, and I need you back. I'm not comfortable with this, but I just want to say that as I travel throughout Bloomington, Lauren is with me everywhere. She's here. I go down Kirkwood, I see her, I hear our conversations. I step on the IU campus, I see her, I hear our conversations. She's everywhere here to me, she's everywhere, but she's nowhere. Somebody knows where she is. She's somewhere."
Cops say they remain hopeful. They also revealed it was Lauren's longtime boyfriend who reported her missing. MORE ON LAUREN SPIERER


No comments:

Post a Comment