Sunday, May 1, 2011

PA. GIRL, 9, SHOOK BABY TO DEATH: COURT DOCS

FROM THE What the Hell is Wrong With Us File: A 10-year-old Pennsylvania girl has been charged with the third-degree murder in the shaking death of an infant. The child's babysitter, Dottie Bowers, 56, was also charged with failing to seek medical care for 11-month-old Heath Ryder last summer. The girl, then 9, allegedly shook the baby and threw him into a crib. He died later of brain injuries.
Meanwhile, a local TV station says court records reveal that another child may have been involved in the sickening crime. According toWHPV the girl told a shrink the other girl went into little Heath's
room and "the 10-year-old says she picked up Heath from his pack and play. He was sleeping. I was getting her to get out. I stopped. We had never gone into Heath's room before. (the other girl) picked up Heath and took him out of the pack and play. She dropped him on the floor accidentally and he fell on his head first.
"She picked him up and gave him to me. I was close to her and she threw the baby to me into my arms. I did not drop him. I laid him back into the crib. (the other girl) picked him up again and gave him to me again. That happened three times. Then we left the room."
"The baby was in the pack and play; his eyes rolled back when (the other girl) dropped him; but he shut his eyes then. it scared me."


No comments:

Post a Comment