Monday, April 4, 2011

CANCER STRICKEN WOMAN FOILS BANK ROBBER

NOTHING TO LOSE
A CANCER stricken woman with "nothing to lose" stopped a bank robber in her tracks and held her down until cops could bust her.  
Helen Dunsford, 66, was waiting to be served at the Bank of America in Oakland Park, Fla, when a woman reached in her purse, said she had a gun and yelled for everyone to get on the ground.
But as other customers ducked, Dunsford dived into action, tackling the would be thief and holding her down until cops got there.
She said: "She got on my last nerve. I have cancer, stage 4, and I figured if I'm gonna die it's God will when I die. She's not gonna shoot me."
The would be thief Renee Breen told deputies when she was taken into custody that the robbery attempt was really an April Fool's joke.
Officers didn't find her demand for $10,000 funny though and she was quickly taken into custody. 
"I was more scared than her, I'll tell you that," bank customer Aron Lassin said. "She's a brave old lady. I appreciate the help."

No comments:

Post a Comment