Saturday, June 25, 2011

CASEY ANTHONY'S BROTHER BREAKS DOWN IN COURT

MORE ANTHONY TEARS
CLIMBING INTO THE POOL
CASEY Anthony's brother broke down in court yesterday as he recalled how his sister kept her pregnancy a secret from her. 
Lee Anthony joined his whole family in tears as he watched a video of his dead niece Caylee, climbing into a swimming pool on her own, shown by defense lawyer to bolster their claims that the tragic toddler drown in the family swimming pool.
But then he shed tears of his own as he explained that his sister and parents kept her pregnancy a secret from him, despite him asking them about it.
He said: "I was very angry at my mom and I was also angry at my sister. I was just angry at everyone in general that they didn’t want to include me and didn’t find it important enough to tell me, especially after I had asked."
He added that he did not learn of his sister's pregnancy, for sure, until just a few days before Caylee was born according to WKMG.
Prosecutor's however, disputed his claims, arguing that in a sworn 2009 deposition he stated that he had never directly asked Casey about her pregnancy.   
They also pointed out that far from trying to sweep the pending birth under the carpet, his mother and father had gone 'over the top' to prepare for their grand-daughter’s arrival. 
Buying a crib, taking their daughter shopping for baby items,  turning their spare room into a nursery with a Winnie the Pooh theme, and organizing a baby shower, they wondered how he had missed all this as he was living at home at the time.
Mr Anthony replied: "Two years ago, I did not 100 percent hold the belief that Caylee was dead…during that two-year span I have come to the place that I believe she is."
He later added: 'I don’t want to be here. I don’t want my sister to be here and my parents to be her. This is obviously just very very emotionally draining."
He alos testified that he initially drove the white Pontiac Sunfire that the prosecution has said Casey Anthony put Caylee's body in after she died, leaving a stain in the trunk.
On the stand, Lee Anthony said that the stain in the trunk could have been the result of something he put in the car when he drove it, the station reports.
The trial continues. 






No comments:

Post a Comment