Thursday, June 2, 2011

ROT IN HELL: JAYCEE DUGARD'S KIDNAPPERS GET LIFE

THE CALIFORNIA COUPLE who kept Jaycee Dugard as a sex slave for nearly 20 years will never likely see the outsie of prison walls again. The sick pair--who both earlier pleaded guilty to kidnapping nand rape--were sentenced yesterday.
Phillip Garrido, 60, and his wife Nancy, 55, were hammered with prison terms of 431 years to life and 36 years to life respectively. Described as a "sexual predator" who stole two decades of Jaycee's life, Garrido was also castigated for the torture he put the child's mother through during her long absence.

Her mom Terry Probyn asked the court: "How could someone take away the one person in the world I loved so deeply? Where is she? Is she hungry? Is she cold? Is she hurt? My baby was gone and all my dreams turned to nightmares. She was a vulnerable child and I was unable to help her. 
"During 18 years away, I could hear her crying, not with my ears, but with my heart. I could feel her pain, not with my body, but with my heart.... I lived in hell on earth. It was you Nancy Garrido and Phillip Garrido that broke my heart."
Dugard, now 31, was walking to a bus stop in view of her South Lake Tahoe home June 10, 1991, when she was snatched off the street in front of her horrified stepdad. After that, she became their sexual plaything, impregnated by Garrido when she was just 14.

MORE IN THE LA TIMES
MORE FROM CRIME SCENE USA

No comments:

Post a Comment