Thursday, August 25, 2011

SON OF SAM DAVID BERKOWITZ: I WON'T SEEK PAROLE

HE IS ONE OF America's most notorious serial killers. For a brief time in the late 1970s, the monster known as Son of Sam, terrorized New York City, leaving bodies in his wake with six dead and more wounded. Now, David Berkowitz has said he will not seek parole next May. In a letter to FoxNews.com, the killer said "he has no interest in parole" thanks to being forgiven by Jesus Christ.
He has previously been shot down for parole five times.
Berkowitz writes: "I have no interest in parole and no plans to seek release. If you could understand this, I am already a 'free man.' I am not saying this jokingly. I really am. Jesus Christ has already forgiven and pardoned me, and I believe this."
The killer got the handle "Son of Sam" when he left a chilling note behind at one of his crime scenes that read: "I am a monster. I am the Son of Sam." He was arrested in 1977.  He is currently serving six life sentences at the Sullivan Correctional Facility in New York. MORE ON SON OF SAM LETTERS

No comments:

Post a Comment