In a 36 count indictment, they allege that the 44-year-old father of a nine-year-old daughter:
- Slept with several female students and gave straight A's to one, even though she did no work.
- Took a teen to gay sex club and made her watch as he was "serviced" by other men.
- Forced himself on a student after she resisted his advances.
- Plied a girl with so much booze that she passed out at his home.
- Asked a girl to have lesbian sex with another student.
His debauchery came to light after he was charged with sending a picture of his private parts to a 16-year-old student, something prosecutors alleged that he did to at least four minors.
They also claim that he had an extensive porn library on his home computer, which included bestiality or sex acts with animals and that he exchanged around 10,000 text messages with one student.
Brooklyn DA Kenneth Thompson said in a statement that it was "shocking" that a "teacher allegedly preyed on vulnerable students," at the Fort Greene High School.
Shaynak's defense lawyer Kimberly Summers said her client was innocent on all the charges which include kidnapping, criminal sex acts, obscenity, forcible touching and unlawful imprisonment against a total of six girls aged 13 to 19, according to the New York Daily News.