Saturday, September 24, 2011


A NEW witness who claims to have heard a 'scream for help' hours before Rebecca Zahau was found hanging in her millionaire medical moguls mansion has told her family they were ignored by cops. 
Arms and legs bound, the 32-year-old's naked body was found hanging from the balcony of the 27 bedroom Coronado, CA home known locally as Spreckles Mansion. A strange message daubed in black paint on the bedroom door read: "She saved him. Can you save her." But as we reported here her family did not agree with the cop's conclusion that she had committed suicide at 3am after hearing that her step-son Max, six, who had been injured in an accident at the mansion when she was supposed to be looking after him, was about to die.
The witness who has not been identified told cops they heard a scream from the mansion at 11pm adding to the family's suspicions that foul play was involved in her death.  
They told Radar Online that they tried to report the information to police on two occasions but were 'blown off'.
So the person contacted Zahau's family with the information.
Her sister Mary Zahau Loener said: "This  witness is credible and their information has been verified, so one is left to wonder why police did not listen to this individual.
"The witness' information contradicts the theory released by the sheriff's department and questions the timeline, as police claimed. We are left asking, why was this person not taken seriously?"
The revelation adds to the mystery which deepened earlier this week when it was revealed that the doctor treating six-year-old Max Shacknai had noticed bruising around his throat. 
It had been thought that he died from injuries sustained by falling down the grand staircase in the luxury home. 
But as we reported here here, newly revealed warrants showed the child's physician Dr Brad Peterson said that suffocation may have occurred before the fall. 
However even though the boy's father and Zahau's boyfriend, Jonah Shacknai has called for the case to be reopened, the California Department of Justice is refusing to reopen the case.     

No comments:

Post a Comment