Sunday, March 6, 2011

WOMAN GETS 36 YRS. FOR BUTCHERING HUBBY in '88

HACKED HUBBY
A Chicago area woman who admitted shooting her husband to death and then dismembering him with an ax has been sentenced to 36 years in prison. Jane Reth, 46, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the 1988 slaying of her husband Scott Coville in Alaska.
The prosecution had asked for 70 years in the big house due to the grisly nature of the crime and Reth's deception with the victim's family.
Reth's sentencing followed hours of testimony by an Alaska cold case detective and members of Coville's family. The defence said, in the words of the Wizard of Oz, she was now a good deed doer.
Reth told the court: “I don’t know that I could say anything that would make anything better. I do know I’m very sorry for what I’ve done. I thought about it for a very, very long time, and I’ve thought about what I
could say today. There isn’t a whole lot I could say... ”
There was no evidence of domestic violence. However, the prosecution portrayed Reth as a calculating, cold-blooded killer who "did nothing to relieve the anguish of friends and family."
MORE ON DISMEMBERMENT MURDER

No comments:

Post a Comment