Friday, June 24, 2011

I WASN'T DRIVING, I WAS HAVING SEX: SALEM TRAD

UN-TRAD-ITIONAL
AS novel excuses go, this one was a doozy.
Booze hound Salem Trad, 22, claimed he couldn't have been drunk behind the wheel when his speeding car smashed into a taxi, because he was having sex in the backseat. 
The only trouble for Trad, was that the female passenger testified in court that there definitely hadn't been any backseat coupling, as they returned from his 21st birthday bash.
The third passenger also denied being the driver.
Whatever was happening in that car, it cost Trad $22,000 in court after a Fairfax, VA county court awarded the taxi driver he smashed into, Abdu Omar, substantial damages.

It was substantially less that the $75,000 he'd asked for but he Omar told The Washington Post he was pleased with the jury's decision.
He said: "They helped me with my problem, so I'm happy." 
We'd suggest he try a more Trad-itional excuse next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment