Tuesday, June 21, 2011

RUNAWAY TEEN AMANDA MCPHEE'S YOUTUBE APOLOGY

A RUNAWAY teen who sparked a huge police search and drew the attention of homicide detectives has apologized to everyone she hurt with her disappearance on YouTube.
The pretty 16-year-old took the brave step of making the online apology saying: "It was a huge mistake. I Can't even express how sorry I am."
Her apology can be seen here:

McPhee disappeared from her Langley, B.C., home June 11, prompting police to issue a public plea for help finding her. RCMP Cpl. Holly Marks said at the time: "This disappearance is very out of character for her -- Mandy has never run away from home before."
Cops even called in the homicide investigation team to help with the search, classifying the file as high risk.
Mcphee who spent the past week wandering around Vancouver and camping on Mount Seymore declined to say why she had run away from home
But quoting Ferris Bueller's Day Off she said:"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you might miss it. I stole that from a movie, but it's a good line."
"I had loads of time to think while I was gone and I figure, hey, you can't run away from your troubles. That s--- follows you everywhere. The thing is, all I ended up doing was running away from everything that I love and cared about and leaving it behind. It was stupid.
"I'm so sorry and I am so glad to be home."

No comments:

Post a Comment