Tuesday, June 7, 2011

AS TOT STARVED REBECCA CHRISTIE PLAYED WARCRAFT


AN EVIL mom who allowed her daughter to starve to death while she played an online video game has been jailed for 25 years.  Rebecca Christie's three-year-old, Brandi was so hungry she ate cat litter and after gaining just one-pound-and-a-half in the last year of her life weighed a measly 23lbs when she died. 
Doctor's were shocked when they examined the malnourished girl, who's ribs were clearly visible. 
More shocking still was her mother, who spent hours playing World of Warcraft, a fantasy role playing game, while her daughter "withered away."      Her ex-husband Air Force Sgt Derek Wulf told a court he would return home from work to find his daughter without any water
or food.
While investigating FBI agents found that on the day Brandi died a computer in the home showed 'continuous activity' from noon until 3am.
Christie, 28, was convicted of second degree murder and child abandonment in November 2009 three years after her daughter died.
The court had been told her older child was being cared for by her mother as she was neglecting her.
There appeared to be so little to eat in the home - with its overflowing litter box and pervasive smell of cat urine - that the child would eat cat food, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.At her sentencing Christie was full of remorse and sobbed before she was jailed for 25 years by district judge Robert Brack.
She said: "I'll never get to see her grown up. That weighs on my heart. That was my little girl.
"Not seeing what she needed, I'll live with that for eternity. There's nothing more that I want than to have her back with me, but I can't have her back, and even now, I can't talk to my older daughter. "It was my responsibility to take care of her and I failed her and I'm sorry."
Her ex-husband, who pleaded guilty to child neglect also faces up to three years in prison and one year of supervised release.
In a plea agreement, Wulf admitted neglecting his daughter's health and not adequately monitoring her medical and nutritional needs despite knowing that the child had health problems and special nutritional needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment