Monday, September 15, 2014

Vikings' Adrian Peterson: 'Sorry for beating my son'

Three photographs obtained by TMZ.com allegedly show professional football player Adrian Peterson's son's legs. According to his lawyer, Peterson disciplined him with a "switch" or thin tree branch.
COURTESY TMZ
Minnesota Vikings star running back Adrian Peterson has broken his silence on the child abuse spectacle he has found himself in. Peterson, 29, used a switch to beat his young son, revealing red and angry looking welts on the boy's legs. But the team has now said Peterson will practice and is slated to star in Sunday's game against the Saints. He sat out last Sunday's game against the Patriots.

Peterson's woes have further highlighted the culture of violence in the NFL -- most noticeably by wife beater Ray Rice. Peterson posted on his Twitter feed: "I never imagined being in a position where the world is judging my parenting skills or calling me a child abuser because of the discipline I administered to my son. I want everyone to understand how sorry I feel about the hurt I have brought to my child." 
Peterson has insisted that he was disciplined in a similar manner. Bizarrely, Viking fans are behind him. FOR MORE CHECK OUT CNN


No comments:

Post a Comment