Tuesday, April 5, 2011

MAD MODEL PLEADS GUILTY TO BRAZEN BABY SNATCH

CRAZY
MAD model Michelle Marie Gopaul who admitted to kidnapping a one-month-old baby girl has been sentenced to two-and-a-half-years behind bars.
The crazy catwalk queen claimed to work for a casting agency and placed ads online offering $7500 for a baby girl of "Indian background" to star in a Bollywood film.
When the parents arrived to the fake audition in Toronto, Canada, she took the baby into another room, but shortly afterwards they discovered their child was missing.
Gopaul's former boyfriend and his sisters brought the child to a police station after becoming suspicious, reports The Toronto Sun.
The 24-year-old, who is also an aspiring pop singer, pleaded guilty in a Toronto
courtroom Friday to one count of child abduction.
She also reportedly registered for gifts on the Babies "R" Us website.

The Manhattan model sobbed in court afer the sentencing, saying: I was scared. I’m so sorry. I’m not a bad person, I’m so sorry.’
In a jailhouse interview, Gopaul claimed she ‘cracked’ under the pressure after telling a web of lies to try and keep her boyfriend, Kenneth Vaz.
She ended up telling him she was pregnant with his baby even though it was not true.
"I lost my mind," she said.
"I came up with a plan and followed through, but I did not thoroughly think about what could happen,'  'Soon, I told one lie and then another to perpetuate the one before that. More than anything, I wish I could go back and erase it all."

No comments:

Post a Comment