Thursday, June 30, 2011

DEFENCE RESTS: CASEY ANTHONY DOESN'T TESTIFY

SUICIDAL
 UPDATE: The defense for Casey Anthony rested yesterday without calling Florida's best known Party Mom to testify. Asked by Orange County Chief Judge Belvin Perry Jr. if she was cool with it, she said: "Yes sir." Now, jurors will hear rebuttal witnesses.
Earlier, George Anthony's mistress Krystal Holloway told the court that Caylee Anthony's death was: "an accident that snowballed out of control. "an accident that snowballed out of control."
"I was in shock. By the time I looked up, his eyes were filled with tears. I didn't elaborate. I didn't ask anything further." MORE FROM CNN
*****************************************************
 EARLIER: Casey Anthony's distraught father George, tried to kill himself so he could "go and be with Caylee" the court heard
yesterday.

Bursting into tears he explained that he wrote a suicide note, called family members to "say goodbye for the last time" then took pills and alcohol.
But cops foiled his bid to end it all, rushing to his motel room after someone raised the alarm and took him to hospital where his stomach was pumped.
He told the rapt jury: "I just felt like it was the right time to go and be with Caylee. My emotional state even through today is it’s very hard to accept that I don’t have a grand-daughter.

"I just decided that was the time for me to get away from all this, to spend time with Caylee. I didn’t want to be in this world any more."
For the second time in the five week trial, he denied having sexually molested his daughter as a childand reacted furiously when defense attorney Jose Baez put it to him that he had attempted to kill himself, because of his guilt over his granddaughter Caylee's death.
They maintain that the toddler drowned in the swimming pool at the family home and was not suffocated by her mother, Casey.
Exploding, he said: "How dare you, sir, try to tell me I did something differently to what I did."
The move may have been the final straw for the defense team, who are expected to wrap up their case this week, although it is still not known whether they will call their client to the stand.
The trial continues.




No comments:

Post a Comment